Do you love pita breads and love to have pita breads with aromatic and flavourful herbs like Dill and Parsley? Do you want to make something tasty and something different than what you have always had but you do not have any idea? Have you been searching for a easy pita bread recipe that does not require any filling and have a twist of pizza?
If yes for all above questions,then this is the perfect recipe for you!
Pickle Flatbread wedges is a healthy, easy and super quick recipe best served as an appetizer. Its perfect for anyone, from kids to adults as its easy to consume. It looks like a pizza but no! Its not a pizza like you think but their pita bread wedges with soft and aromatic herbs and vegetable topping with cream cheese that makes it even taste better than pizza. The flavourful herbs, crunchy wedges of pita bread and creamy cheddar cheese with slightly hot Jalapefio peppers will please all your taste buds and even create cravings for more.
If you are planning for a picnic or just too tired to cook anything, this will be a great food to please the taste buds since its just a few minutes to prepare and most importantly ,healthy too as with all the parsley, dill and Jalapefio on top of the flatbread, you will not miss the greens. The special ingredient used in this recipe is the State fair Baby Baby Dill which adds a nice crunch and a great flavour to the flatbread wedges. The special ingredient used in this recipe is the State fair Baby Baby Dill which adds a nice crunch and a great flavour to the flatbread wedges
This pickle pita bread wedges tastes great with a super salad or even if it’s consumed simply as an appetizer. This recipe uses the readily available pita bread as this is a quick recipe for anyone at any time. But if you would love to have your own home made pita bread for these recipe, you can do as its your choice what you want to have. Also you can add more pickles according to your creativity but the herbs used in this recipe which is parsley and Dill is a good combination that anyone will love the aroma and taste so avoiding it shall be the last option.
Just wrap it in the aluminium foil to keep it warm for a longer period and you will love the taste any time during the day. Talking about costs in preparing this, its absolutely cheaper and those ingredients are always available at our homes. This recipe is best enjoyed when it’s warm.
Preparation time: 13 Minutes
- 5 (6-8)” Pita Bread Rounds
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2-3 Tablespoon Chopped Parsley
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, seeds removed and chopped
- 2-3 Tablespoon State Fair Baby Baby Dills, finely chopped
- Olive Oil, for brushing
1. Prepare all the ingredients especially the toppings,well chopped and fresh.
2. With a pastry brush, brush the pita bread rounds with olive oil. Not too oily as its just to soften the upper layer while adding the olive oil flavour to it.
3. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on top of the pita bread to make a base so it melts when baked and holds the other ingredients together on the bread.
4. On top of the cheese, sprinkle the chopped fresh parsleys and chopped Jalapefio peppers and lastly the finely chopped State Fair Baby Baby Dills.
5. Bake at 400Â° for 8-10 minutes until the cheese melts but be careful not to overcook as you not just losing the nutritions by overcooking the vegetables but the taste too changes. A tenderly cooked vegetables on the melted cheese on the pita bread is just perfect.
6. Take them out from the oven, cut into 4 serving potions and serve while its warm.
In this recipe, taste enhancers like salt are not used as the pita bread ,cream cheese and the pickle topping makes best combination of taste that does not require for additional salt apart from the salt in the pita bread itself but if you would like it to add salt in this recipe, you may drizzle a pinch of salt when serving. Also, you may add chilly flakes if you like.